WHY STALWART LAW GROUP IS THE BEST MEDICAL MALPRACTICE FIRM IN CALIFORNIA
We represent victims of catastophic medical malpractice:
When you or your family has suffered a misdiagnosis or has been the victim of medical malpractice, it can have a devastating effect on your life and the lives of those closest to you. Loss of income, reduced quality of life, decreased independence, and loss of dignity are just some of the unfortunate consequences of medical negligence.
If you or your family member suffered any type of injury or health complications as the result of medical wrongdoing or negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation through a medical malpractice claim. Winning a medical malpractice lawsuit can be difficult and you need an experienced team to prepare the case properly to ensure you receive the maximum settlement possible.
With Stalwart Law Group working on your case, you not only get a highly-qualified legal team to support you every step of the way, but that team is led by Dr. Steven Heimberg, who has been voted the number 1 medical malpractice lawyer in California for the last 6 years. Dr. Heimberg is both a medical doctor and a lawyer, which gives him a unique insight into medical malpractice cases that have helped him and his team secure well over half a billion dollars in settlements for their clients. You can rest assured that there is no better law firm to handle your medical malpractice case.
What constitutes medical malpractice in California?
Medical malpractice is a legal claim against a health care provider such as a hospital or individual doctor or nurse, alleging that the patient suffered an injury or disability because the healthcare provider was negligent, or provided care which was below the standard of care.
What Are the Most Common Medical Malpractice Claims?
Medical malpractice can happen anytime a doctor or other healthcare provider provides treatment to an individual. Some of the more common types of medical malpractice include:
- Negligence in providing care or attending to the patient sufficiently (this can include carelessness or mistakes during surgical procedures);
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a serious medical condition;
- Prescribing or administering the wrong medication or wrong dosage;
- Failing to warn the patient about the risks and possible complications of medical procedures;
- Providing the wrong treatment;
- Inadequately staffing, training, or supervising staff;
- Failure to monitor patients for developing problems;
- Performing functions beyond or outside of the healthcare provider’s specialty, training or privilege;
- Performing unnecessary surgery; and
- Failing to refer a patient to a specialist;
Some examples of medical malpractice claims that lead to catastrophic injury such as wrongful death or brain injuries can be caused by the following:
- Failing to timely diagnose a patient’s stroke or heart attack
- Excessive bleeding during a procedure that results in decreased oxygenation
- Failing to properly intubate a patient during surgery
- Failing to maintain adequate blood pressure to allow enough oxygen to read the brain
- Failing to timely diagnose infection leading to sepsis
Examples of medical malpractice claims that lead to birth injuries include:
- Improper use of vacuum or forceps during birth
- Negligently failing to control excessive maternal blood loss post-delivery
- Negligently failing to monitor the baby’s oxygen intake pre-and-post-delivery
How long does the average medical malpractice claim take?
How do I prove medical malpractice in California?
The required legal elements of a medical malpractice claim are as follows:
- A medical professional violated the standard of care;
- The violation of that standard resulted in harm to the patient; and.
- The patient suffered real, compensable damages.
You will need to provide as much tangible evidence as possible including hospital reports, witness statements, photographs, test results, interview outcomes and more. Our highly-qualified team of medical malpractice attorneys will work with you to compile and organize all of the required documents.
How our team of Medical Malpractice attorneys can help you
Schedule a free consultation with our team of medical malpractice attorneys and lawyers
How to get to our office
To get to our office from downtown Los Angeles we recommend the following methods.
Subway -The journey time between downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood is roughly 18 min. It’s operated by Metro Los Angeles, the Los Angeles to Hollywood subway service departs from Civic Center / Grand Park Station and arrives in Hollywood / Vine Station. Normally 524 subways run weekly.
Taxi -The journey time between downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood is roughly 8 min, depending on traffic, and depending on pickup location, is roughly 6.5 miles. Some of the taxi companies in the area are United Taxi, LA City Cab and Rosie Taxi Cab.
Bus -The journey time between downtown Los Angeles and Hollywood is roughly 30 min. It’s operated by Metro Los Angeles, the Los Angeles to Hollywood service departs from Broadway / 1st and arrives in Santa Monica / Bronson. Normally the bus runs run daily.
Car – Driving time from downtown Los Angeles to Hollywood is roughly 10 minutes depending on traffic. On average, parking lots and garages charge $1.00 per hour and $6.00 per day. On street parking costs $1.00 per hour.